Energy Performance Certificates
If you are selling or renting a residential property you are now required to have an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) by law. From October 2008, EPC's will be required whenever a house is built, sold or rented. The Certificate grades the property from 'A' to 'G'.
Accredited Energy Assessors produce the EPC alongside an associated report outlining recommended improvements to make the property more energy efficient. The report lists:
- Suggested improvements (eg cavity wall insulation)
- The approximate cost
- Possible cost savings per year if recommendation is implemented
- How this changes energy efficiency/carbon emissions.
You can use this information to:
- Improve energy efficiency in your home
- Help cut carbon emmissions
- Help you choose a more energy efficient home to buy or rent.
At Honeydon Surveys & Inspections we aim to have the EPC e-mailed back to the client and the Estate/Letting Agent on the same day as the instruction has been undertaken.
Please contact Honeydon Surveys & Inspections for your highly competitive no obligation quote on 07825-993948.